Water is not a dry subject. Let us tell you why. Water Matters Citizens’ Academy is a six-week interactive program that provides the opportunity to get an inside look at Spartanburg Water.
Water Matters includes a wide variety of hands-on activities, tours of our award-winning facilities and reservoirs, as well as presentations of new and innovative projects by our experienced team.
Our final session on October 15 includes a graduation ceremony to celebrate your achievement. Most sessions are held in the downtown Spartanburg County Library Barrett Room. A light dinner is served at 5:30 p.m. each week.
Please consider applying for the 2019 class.
This six-week, interactive series that provides you with answers to these critical questions about your water supply:
- Where does my water come from? September 10
- How safe is my water? September 17
- How are our rivers kept clean? September 24
- How does my water get to and from my home? October 1
- How does my utility plan for the future? October 8
- What role does water play in the community? graduation, October 15
There is also a Friday field trip to our Fairforest Reclaimed Water Treatment Plant, R.B. Simms Water Treatment Plant and Lake Blalock Dam.