Governor Lifts Some Boating Restrictions
This afternoon Governor McMaster rescinded Executive Order 2020-16, in regards to the beaching and rafting of boats.
With the lifting of these restrictions:
· Boats can now raft up with other boats.
· Boats may anchor at any time, not just for fishing purposes.
Though these particular restrictions are lifted, there are still several restrictions in place, and the Lake Bowen and Lake Blalock park areas, other than the boat ramps, remain closed.
· Social distancing restrictions still remain in place, including restrictions on large group gatherings.
· Lake Bowen and Lake Blalock parks will continue to restrict access to anyone who is not putting in or retrieving a permitted boat from the water.
· All other park areas are closed to public access, including bank fishing at this time.
Our Lake Wardens will be posted at both locations to ensure that these restrictions are followed, and will ensure that maximum capacity is not exceeded.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we work to provide for safe boating recreation this weekend and moving forward.