Under general supervision, assists in operation and maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and equipment for all remote collection and distribution facilities. Conducts inspections on a routine basis on all building, grounds and equipment at each location, Performs electrical and mechanical equipment installation, repair, and maintenance duties; performs preventive maintenance as necessary Operates various heavy maintenance equipment as necessary. Reports to the Collection and Distribution Maintenance Coordinator or assigned Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects and maintains remote facility equipment to ensure proper working order; checks oil, water, and fuel levels; add fluids as needed; inspects belts and replaces when necessary.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks; changes and adds oil and grease to motors, gearboxes, boilers, and generators at all remote facilities; greases and adjusts chains, screens and gates; checks vibration on pumps and motors; replaces lights at all remote facilities.
- Utilizes Computerized Work Order system to accept and complete work orders or compliance related tasks or assignments. Ensures that all work related documents or forms are completed promptly and efficiently.
- Conducts various tasks related to electrical systems; installs wiring for electrical devices, switches, receptacles, and other electrical components; inspects starters and motors; cleans contacts; checks breakers; inspects loose connections on relays and terminal blocks; troubleshoots electrical motors to locate overloads, bad connections, shorts in wires, and related faults; uses a volt-ohm meter and temperature and vibration sensor to check volts, amps, ohms, temperature and vibrations.
- Serves “on-call” on a rotating schedule to assist with after hour emergency situations. Serves “on call” during inclement weather events.
- Prepares and transmits confined space entry forms, preventive maintenance activity reports, gas reports, daily time sheets, vehicle inspection records, and vehicle maintenance records; logs information within established time frame.
- Assists with repairs on mechanical and electrical equipment at collection system pump stations; reports major repair needs; assists in removing/repairing force mains, air/vacuum valves on force mains, pumps, motors, and other equipment; assists in repairing and/or replacing lines at facilities.
- Operates and maintains various valves e.g. check, ball, butterfly, gate, regulator, and surge at facilities and on pipelines using manual and powered operators.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations; conforms to all federal, state, and local codes and regulations; performs procedures and functions according to internal safety standards.
- Communicates and interacts with the immediate supervisor, co-workers, supervisor in other departments, sales representatives, , customers, and the general public
- Loads and unloads trucks manually and with forklift trucks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High School diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and one to two years of experience in mechanical and/or electrical maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and obtain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must obtain crane certification within one year of the date of hire
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
This job reports to the Collection and Distribution AGM Coordinator
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2