The Commissioners of Public Works, Spartanburg Water System, furnishes recreational facilities to the public for their use. Spartanburg Water rents pavilions: one of which is adjacent to the R.B. Simms facility, another at Anchor Park at Lake Bowen and three pavilions at Lake Blalock Park.
How to Reserve Pavilions
Call the Administrative Office at (864) 583-7361 to reserve a pavilion or for more information.
This enclosed lodge-type facility accommodates approximately 125 people. It has a kitchen equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave, restrooms and a large meeting room with a fireplace. There are fifteen round tables (five feet in diameter) and 125 chairs available for use.
Rental Fee: $375.00
Click here to view more photos of Pavilion #1.
Click here for Rules Governing the Use of Pavilion #1.
Directions to Pavilion #1
1. Take Highway 9 to Boiling Springs (approximately 4 miles from the Business I-85 interchange).
2. Turn right onto Rainbow Lake Road and continue for 3.4 miles.
3. Turn right onto River Oak Road and drive .6 miles.
4. Then turn left onto Spartanburg Water Works Road and continue for .6 miles.
5. Turn right onto Chigger Creek Road and the pavilion will be on your left.
Anchor Park Pavilion at Lake Bowen
This facility is a covered pavilion with eight picnic tables. It accommodates approximately 50 people. There are two permanent charcoal grills and a public playground available for use.
Click here to view more photos of the pavilion at Anchor Park.
Rental Fee: $50.00
Pavilions at Lake Blalock Park
There are three covered pavilions available for rental at the Lake Blalock landing. Each pavilion is in a separate area and has two picnic tables.
Rental Fee: $25.00